Finalists Announced For Trucking’s Top Rookie Program
August 20, 2012
TUSCALOOSA, Ala., (August 2012) – Randall-Reilly Business Media & Information has announced the finalists in its Trucking’s Top Rookie contest. The program, which received 29 nominations this year, is designed to increase pride and professionalism among new drivers, and to promote truck driving as a career choice during a severe driver shortage.
An expert panel of judges, which included representatives from motor carriers, training schools (both public and private), suppliers and trade associations, named 10 finalists: Scott Curry, Werner Enterprises; Annette Dellinger, C.R. England Global Transportation; Michael Gartner, Roehl Transport; Roberto Jaimes, Werner Enterprises; Andrew Lee, TMC Transportation; James Perdue, Roehl Transport; Gordon Redvay, Crete Carrier Corp.; Mike Samra, Schneider National; Paul Webb, Epes Transportation and Jerry Wolff, TMC Transportation.
More than $25,000 in cash and prizes will be awarded to these deserving drivers at a ceremony on Friday, August 24 during the Great American Trucking Show in Dallas. Trucking’s Top Rookie will be chosen from these 10 finalists. Eric Harley of the Midnight Trucking Radio Network will interview the winner, who will receive a variety of prizes including:
- $10,000 cash
- One-year complimentary National Association of Independent Truckers membership
- A Year’s supply of 5-Hour Energy drinks
- RoadPro Getting Started Living On-The-Go Package
- OGIO briefcase and duffle bag from NAIT
- $1,000 cash and 100,000 MyRewards points from Pilot Flying J
- American Trucking Associations “Good Stuff Trucks Bring It” package
- A COBRA Electronics 8000 Pro HD Navigation System
- Lindora Clinic Lean for Life® On-the-Road program
The other nine finalists will each receive $1,000 in cash and a variety of other prizes. Trucking’s Top Rookie is a partnership between Randall-Reilly, Truckload Carriers Association, Progressive Insurance, the National Association of Independent Truckers, Commercial Vehicle Training Association, Shell ROTELLA, National Association of Publicly Funded Truck Driving Schools, American Trucking Associations and the Red Eye Radio Network.