Over-the-road Tanker CDL truck drivers earn up to $81,000 per year*, and they're among the highest paid in Schneider's fleet averaging $6,000 - $10,000 more per year. Tanker truckers also have a flexible time off program, selecting six preferred days off each month. Schneider provides industry-leading training to all tanker drivers no tanker experience required plus driving school tuition reimbursement to qualified candidates.
Schneider tanker drivers specialize in the safe transfer of bulk liquid chemicals, and 2/3 of loads are non-hazardous. Advance your career as a Schneider tanker driver, enjoying a small company feel and large company benefits!
Eligible CDL Driver Applicants
- Experienced truck drivers
- New Class A CDL holders
Truck Driver Pay & Benefits
Full-time CDL drivers are eligible for:
- Up to $81,000 per year* (up to $0.445 per mile*)
- $7,500 sign-on bonus for experienced drivers
- $5,000 sign-on bonus for inexperienced drivers
- Up to $6,000 tuition reimbursement available for qualified drivers
- Mileage and accessorial pay plus potential $0.02/mile performance bonuses
- 6 preferred days off each month
- Detention pay after the second hour
- Paid orientation and training
- Medical, dental and vision insurance plus flexible spending options
- 401(k) savings plan with company match
- Paid vacation time
- OmniTRACS - The latest in-truck technology with paperless logging and GPS
- Company Facilities- Truck drivers have 24-hour access with free and safe parking, showers, Wi-Fi, laundry facilities and cafeteria services.
- Military Apprenticeship Program - U.S. military veterans, Guard members and Reservists may be eligible to earn an additional educational benefit check from the VA (up to $1,236 per month)
*Based on experience and location
Truck Driver Qualifications
- Valid Class A Commercial Driver’s License (CDL)
- Ability to park personal vehicle in Atlanta, GA, Augusta, GA or Savannah, GA
- Tanker endorsements required at time of hire as a CDL driver
- Hazmat endorsement required after time of hire
More Reasons Truckers Choose Schneider Tanker
Largest tanker freight base in the industry
Schneider’s customer base includes several stable, national accounts, and we continue to grow our business. That means we’ll keep you moving, racking up the miles and money year-round.
Safety and orange have always gone together, and that’s particularly true at Schneider. We don’t just talk safety it’s ingrained in our culture. “Safety First and Always” is one of our four core values for a reason. Nothing we do is worth harming ourselves or others.
“We cannot imagine any other company that cares more about safety than Schneider, and that comes down to respect for the drivers and everyone on the road.” - Joe and Sharon Nader
Join one of the top trucking companies in Georgia. PI86609283