Rand McNally Launches Next Generation of TruckPC
March 17, 2011
In-cab unit now features fully integrated IntelliRoute® TND™ navigation
San Diego, Calif., March 14, 2011 – Rand McNally today introduced significant enhancements to its TruckPC mobile communication system at the Truckload Carriers’ Association Annual Convention. TruckPC is a fully compliant electronic on-board recorder (EOBR) that automatically tracks and manages Hours of Service, making it the solution of choice to enable companies to meet new CSA requirements.
TruckPC now provides award-winning navigation; enhanced behavior- and truck-monitoring systems; workflow; in-cab video training; 2-way communication; an improved and easy-to-use back-end monitoring system; and on-board scanning.
“We knew when we took an ownership stake in DriverTech last fall that they had a great product. These latest enhancements, including the integration of Rand McNally’s award-winning IntelliRoute® TND™ software, make it that much better. We are very excited about the value proposition we can bring to customers,” said Dave Muscatel, CEO of Rand McNally.
The new TruckPC upgrades include:
- Fully integrated navigation and truck tool features from Rand McNally: Proprietary truck-specific routing, points of interest, road construction, turn by turn directions, and mileage calculation capabilities are now fully integrated into the TruckPC.
- Driver behavior monitoring: Enhanced warnings alert drivers to sharp curves, steep hills, speed limit changes, state boundaries, road construction, time zone changes and on/off duty changes. Over Speed Limit Indicator changes with the designated speed limit for the road segment. All of these events can be reported back and analyzed.
- Workflow: Step-by-step instructions customized for events such as pre-trip inspections, or customer service with location specific procedures. Workflow enables a company to manage complex tasks with confirmation of completion from the driver.
- Performance Stability: Upgraded hardware with 1.6 GHz processor and solid-state hard drive eliminates moving parts, enhancing the performance stability of the unit. The latest Windows® embedded software ensures that this unit will be current as software technology evolves.
- Mapping enhancements to FleetWatcher: The back-end monitoring and analysis tool now includes interactive satellite mapping.
Rand McNally’s TruckPC, introduced in October of 2010, is the first in a line of products anticipated from the joint development agreement between Rand McNally and DriverTech.
TruckPC: Results for fleets. Trusted by drivers. Visit http://www.randmcnally.com/truckpc for more information.
About Rand McNally – Rand McNally is the most trusted source for maps, directions, and travel content. Rand McNally’s products and services include: Interactive travel service, Tripology; America’s #1 Road Atlas; IntelliRoute® truck routing software and GPS devices; TruckPC mobile communications solutions for the transportation industry; and the leading geography-based educational resources for the classroom. Consumers, businesses, truckers, and educators depend upon Rand McNally to help navigate today’s world. www.RandMcNally.com
IntelliRoute and Rand McNally are registered trademarks and TND is a trademark of Rand McNally. All other names are trademarks of their respective owners.
Follow us –
Provide your Trucker Story at: